Sunday, December 7, 2014

Forms and Crazy Buttons

After our classes this week focusing on forms and tables, I began to look further into the topic. Along with being confined to the constraints of a 2D environment, plain forms just don't draw your attention to want to be filled out.

I figured there must be much more creative options out there that have the functionality, but really draw your attention in. Along with just interesting me personally, we are also currently collecting data on a catch form for contact information at work, so I'm trying to find some creative ideas to implement.

In turn, I've found a gem this gem by a programmer from Japan: http://noht.co.jp/turnbox

This implementation of 3D buttons with multiple applications from contact forms to an uploader, is absolutely fantastic. Along with being awesome functionality-wise, it is SOOO fun to play with; I must have spent an hour just playing around with different configurations.

This may not make it to the catch form on the website, but it will definitely meet other awesome products down the road in my career. The great thing about a package like this is that it's well built and very seamless, and the design is very neutral. This will most likely to be around for awhile and see much more popularity down the road, so I'm happy to be able to share it with others and make good use of it before it's the latest "fad"... It's always cool in the development world to be able to say, "Back in the day, I was using that before it was cool."

No comments:

Post a Comment